We offer you the finest quality workmanship and services for:
- Boiler installations
- Boiler breakdown
- Boiler servicing & repairs
- Gas safety inspections
- Biomass Boilers
- Boiler replacements
- Central heating installations
- Landlord safety certificates
- Solar Heating
- General Plumbing
Boiler Installation in Swansea
Looking at a new boiler installation in Swansea? Finding the right kind of boiler can be a stressful task but R M Blake Plumbing, Heating & Gas Ltd are here to help you through every step of the way. R M Blake Plumbing, Heating & Gas Ltd provide a wide range of boilers and offer all the specific knowledge that is needed to help you understand what boiler is best for you. Everybody is unique and some have different needs than others. But we’ll ensure that your home heating system will perform with the precision and quality that’s needed to keep you and your family comfy throughout cold weather.
Llansamlet, Swansea SA7 9RL
Heat Only Boilers
Heat only boilers, often called regular boilers, can heat your home very efficiently. A heat only boiler installation in Swansea uses a storage cistern with two feeds one for hot water and one for cold water. Then the water is pumped through the system to which will either be heated up or stored as hot water and then used as and when is necessary. Also the hot water feed will be pumped around your house to keep it warm.
Heat only boilers are named regular boilers because it’s the conventional way of heating your house. However if you don’t have the space for a cold and hot water feed then we recommend a system boiler which effectively does the same as a regular boiler but encompasses the cistern and more all in one rather than another unit making more space for you. Heat only boilers are good for larger homes or businesses. The reason being is that they don’t depend on pressure and supplies continuous warm water throughout the premises.
Pros of Regular Boilers
- Heat only boilers work whether or not mains pressure is low.
- They provide hot water even when several facilities are utilising hot water.
- Heat only boilers are simple in their design making it easy for maintenance.
Cons of Regular Boilers
- Poor pressure flow for showers and also low pressure for hot water too.
- Space is needed for the feed tanks one for hot water and the other for cold
- There is heat loss given that the hot water is stored and it’ll inevitably lose heat.
Combi Boilers in Swansea
Combi boilers are significantly more efficient than older boilers because they use more gas because of their design and the deficiencies after long time usage. Older boilers more than 10 years old are almost guaranteed to have much less efficiency than the new combi boilers currently available. R M Blake Plumbing, Heating & Gas Ltd offer only ‘A’ rated energy efficient combi boilers which equates to around 90% or more in economizing fuel, meaning a lower effect on your wallet when it comes to home heating.
This means that the energy extraction of heat from the gases typically lost in old boilers isn’t wasted in combi boilers. This loss in energy is down to the gases that are being ejected out of the flue in non-combination boilers. Combi boilers have a secondary heat exchanger so even if there are gases escaping from the principal heat exchanger it is always caught in the secondary heat exchanger. This means much less gas escapes and at a reduced temperature. The effect of this cooling method causes water vapour to condense which will form water droplets that are drained from the boiler into a drain.
Pros of Combi Boilers
- You do not need a water tank fitted and all water gets heated as and when it’s needed.
- They heat the home very efficiently and have fewer carbon emissions.
- You’ll be able to fit the boiler in tight locations.
Cons of Combi Boilers
- They’re not suited to large properties because lots of appliances can be used and there will be a significant decrease of pressure.
- Combi boilers depend on water pressure.
- The more amenities used the less the temperature of the water is going to be.
System Boilers in Swansea
System boilers are incredibly economical and heat your home efficiently. Many individuals cannot tell the difference between a regular boiler and system boiler. So what exactly is the difference? A system boiler installation in Swansea takes up considerably less space than a regular boiler because it includes the cistern tank and other elements but also still comes with a reliable flow of hot water. R M Blake Plumbing, Heating & Gas Ltd recommends a system boiler for larger premises that don’t have the space to give for storage systems.
The system boiler already has lots of major components of a heating system inbuilt so this makes for a much faster and simpler installation. Also, the hot water from the system boiler is pumped through the radiators and the hot water cylinder, which in turn gives a quicker response which is more economical and means lower on operating costs. As virtually all of the components are in-built it saves space and has many of the pros of a regular boiler.
Pros of System Boilers
- All key components are built-in which means considerably less space is taken up.
- System boilers are quicker to fit and install and are very economical.
- Supplies a faster response for hot water whenever it’s needed.
Cons of System Boilers
- Unless the cylinder is properly insulated it will lose heat.(This is also true for the feed expansion tank in the loft space on regular boilers.)
- If the cylinder isn’t well insulated so you’ll need to wait for it to heat up.
- The amount of hot water which can be supplied is dependent up on the size of the tank.
Free Quotes From R M Blake Plumbing, Heating & Gas Ltd
Looking for boiler installation in Swansea? All quotations are provided cost-free and without obligation. R M Blake Plumbing, Heating & Gas Ltd offers an outstanding service for all its customers and works hard to maintain one of the best reputations in Swansea.